RTL-check is an extensible and powerful abstract interpretation
framework for static analysis of programs from a safety and
security perspective. It performs analysis on RTL, which is the low-level
intermediate representation generated by GCC.
See the documentation section for more information.
- Patrice Lacroix master's thesis is available
- Small improvement in performance, minor bug fixed. (0.1.7, 2006-09-12)
- Experimental analyses to detect integer overflows and the size of local
variables, and a preview of RDB. (0.1.6, 2006-04-02)
- New release that adds flow insensitive analysis and preliminary call size inference. (0.1.5, 2005-12-22)
- Major bug fix release. The analysis is now believed to be safe, except for integer overflows. (0.1.4, 2005-08-07)
- Improved framework for widening and narrowing, fixed a few bugs. (0.1.3, 2005-07-20)
- Improved framework, implementation of liveness analysis follows more closely the theorical monotone framework. (0.1.2, 2005-06-27)
- Support of memory aliases, much cleaner output, improved documentation, many bugs fixed (0.1.1, 2005-05-31)
- New abstract interpretation framework, analysis now understands linear relations between variables (0.1.0, 2005-03-05)
- Faster analysis and returns more useful set of constraints instead of "Impossible" (0.0.8, 2005-01-25)
- Implemented abstract interpretation to perform analysis on programs using the constraint system. (0.0.7, 2004-11-11)
- RTL-Check has a constraint system to represent program states. (0.0.6, 2004-09-30)
- RTL-Check implements some kind of shape analysis. (0.0.4, 2004-06-12)
- RTL-Check can now generate control-flow graphs on demand. (0.0.3, 2004-05-26)
- First release of RTL-Check is available. (2004-05-07)
About the authors
The main author of RTL-Check is
RTL-Check was started as a part of his master's program in computer science at
Université Laval under the
direction of Jules Desharnais.
He was supported by a Postgraduate Scholarship from
Moritz Muehlenhoff from University of Bremen also contributed to this project.
RTL-Check is hosted by: